Since Owen's passing, I have found many quotes and poems that resonate with me. I want to keep track of them so I can read them when I need some help to get through the day.
|The last photo I took of Owen by himself, 7/10/12. |
He was starting to comando crawl.
- If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together,put me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever . ~ A.A. Milne (author of Winnie the Pooh)
- I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it. ~ E.E. Cummings
- If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again. ~ Author Unknown
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~ Author Unknown
- They say that time in heaven is compared to 'the blink of an eye' for us on this earth. Sometimes it helps me to think of my child running ahead of me through a beautiful field of wildflowers and butterflies; so happy and completely caught up in what she is doing that when she looks behind her, I'll already be there. ~ Author Unknown
We Thought Of You Today
We thought of you today,
But that is nothing new
We thought of you yesterday
And will tomorrow, too.
We think of you in silence
And make no outward show.
For what it meant to lose you
Only those who love you know.
Remembering you is easy,
We do it everyday.
It's the heartache of losing you
That will never go away.
If I could have a lifetime wish,A dream that would come true,
I'd pray to God with all my heart
for yesterday and you.
A thousand words can't bring you back;
I know because I've tried.
And neither will a million tears,
I know because I've cried.
You left behind a broken heart
And happy memories too.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.An angel In The Book of Life
Wrote down my baby's birth
And whispered as She closed The Book
"Too beautiful for Earth.
My Mom is a survivor,
or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying at night
when all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night
and go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her
to help her understand.
But like the sands on the beach
that never wash away . . .
I watch over my surviving mom,
who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others . . .
a smile of disguise!
But through Heaven's door I see
tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with death
to keep my memory alive.
But anyone who knows her knows
it is her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom
through Heaven's open door . . .
I try to tell her that angels
protect me forevermore.
I know that doesn't help her . . .
or ease the burden she bears.
So if you get a chance, go visit her . . .
and show her that you care.
For no matter what she says . . .
no matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart
that time won't ever heal