Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Friday, January 25, 2013

I can only hope

Dear Owen,

I hope this happens to all of us missing you so much here on earth...

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”
― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

You are one of the most beautiful people I have ever known and I can't wait to see you again.

May your strength guide all of us in the coming weeks as we prepare to celebrate your first birthday.

I love you more than you will ever know.

As it snowed tonight I thought of the night I went into labor with you. Your tante Thea and I walked around the neighborhood in the snow and I thought about what you would look like, who you would resemble most. Tonight I just looked at the snow and thought about how much you would have loved running around the driveway throwing snow at your brothers and tackling them in the snow. The snow was beautiful, just like you.

Love,
Your one and only mom



No comments:

Post a Comment