Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry christmas sweet bear

Dear Owen,

The only way I got through today was imagining you having the merriest of Christmas because you are celebrating Jesus' birthday with him.

Today was so tough. I miss you so much. I miss what should have been...

You getting woken up by Liam saying "Owen, wake up, Santa came" just like he did to Connor.

You crawling around all the presents.

You napping on my shoulder.

You in your cute Xmas pjs.

You trying to mimic your brothers opening presents.

You in your high chair at Xmas dinner.

You sleeping soundly in your crib after an adventurous day filled with joy.

Now I just look at my favorite pictures of you and weep.

Merry first Xmas in heaven Owen.

Thanks all for the support this holiday.

Love you more than ever and my heart breaks yet again. Kisses and hugs in heaven.

Love,
Your one and only mom



1 comment:

  1. Hi Carla,
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I lost my son in July and it's been the most difficult experience of my life. Your son is so beautiful and his smile is contagious. He brought a little joy into my life today <3

    Keeping you in my prayers and Owen in my thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete