Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Worst breakdown in a year

Dear Owen,

Well, it happened.  I had the worst breakdown I have had in a year today, as I was bathing your little sister.  I literally couldn't move and the tears were rolling off my face onto hers like bath water.

After celebrating her baptism this weekend and then doing a SIDS walk in your honor on Sunday, it was more than I could handle.  Today is also National Infant Loss day and you were on my mind all day.  I guess that is no different than any other day.  Wow, I am so hurt and my heart just aches.  I know my life is so full as I have four beautiful children, a house, a family etc but I am just sad that one of my beautiful children is in the hands of God. 

Owen, you really are an angel and I know you are looking out for us and I know I will see you again one day.

Love you to heaven and back.  Tonight we all lit a candle in your and other's infants honors and sat as a family and remembered your kind spirit.  I can't wait to hold you again one day.

Love,
Your one and only Mom

Liam and Reilly hanging out.  Liam misses you like no tomorrow. He has cried for you every day for the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment