Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It finally happened

Dear Owen,

I guess it took till your oldest brother was 5 but he finally asked me the question tonight that I have been dreading. Your daddy is away on a business trip. After I put your brothers to bed, Connor, who normally falls straight to sleep came running out and asked when dad was coming back. I told him tomorrow and he started crying. He asked "how can you guarantee he will come back when Owen never came back?" I had no real answer. I just told him that you died because your heart stopped beating and we don't know why. Connor kept asking why you died :( I wish I knew an answer other than "I don't know why" and I wish I could help him understand that just because your dad is away on a trip doesn't mean he won't come back. It must be so confusing to him. He was so scared. I cried along with him and then Liam joined us too. I wish we knew why sudden unexplained infant death happens. Maybe one day. I just don't get why you stopped breathing on your back with nothing around you!!!

I miss you sweet bear! At least Liam came out after I finally settled them into bed again NAKED saying he didn't like his pjs and wanted new ones. I had to laugh. I miss your chubby legs and belly. I miss everything.

Ill see you in my dreams tonight.

Love,

Your one and only mom



No comments:

Post a Comment