Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Changing seasons

Dear Owen,

We have had a beautiful fall here so far. The mums we planted at your gravesite have come in. I went to visit you at lunchtime on monday and it was nice to see all the flowers in bloom.

It sucks that you never got to experience fall. I was so looking forward to dressing you in the pumpkin costume we have though on your track you probably would have been to big for it!!! I know every first this year will be hard but the fall and winter especially with all the holidays.

This weekend we had the Dowells and McCranns visit which was very nice. I was comforted to know I could be myself around them and talk about you. Though it was hard because 1) they both have three kids 2) one is 4 month old and 3) one is named Owen. It was so nice to have old friends here though and the boys loved all the visitors. We went to a pumpkin patch and Liam picked out a pumpkin for you. Last night he painted it for you.

Somehow I have come down with pneumonia now. I feel awful and the physical pain is not what I needed since I already have all of this emotional pain. I am just thankful that the boys don't have it yet and I hope they don't. I guess it helps to have a guardian angel (you!) looking after them.

Missing you more and more each day.

Love,
Your one and only mom

No comments:

Post a Comment