Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Something about the holidays

Dear Owen,

As we approach our first "official" holiday since loosing you our sweet angel, I think about the holidays.  Labor Day is the end of the summer and the start of a new school year.  Our family has somehow managed to arrange our births around holidays.  Your dad was born on Feb 22, George Washington's birthday and often President's day.  I was born the day after Mother's day and my birthday often falls on Mothers day, May 9.  Connor was born on Thanksgiving day, Nov 22.  This year his birthday will also fall on Thanksgiving.  Liam was born on Dec 27, two days after Christmas.  Finally, you were born on Feb 12, Lincoln's birthday.  I am sure we could find a random holiday for each day of the year but these are all pretty legit days that most people know about.  How I wish you were still with us here to celebrate your first Labor Day.  We are here at my parents in VA where we spend most Labor Days and you are only here in spirit.  I miss you.  How I ache to have you here.  How I wanted you there last night at the Sarnowski's annual party.  You would LOVE being in the pool, dancing to the music.  You are not here.  You are in God's hands.  I hope you are looking down on us and smiling.  I don't think there will ever be a day goes by that my heart doesn't ache for your sweet smile.  To hold him, talk to you, cuddle you.  Holidays are especially the worst.  I feel a hole in my heart and I know this won't get easier as the more significant holidays approach.  Life is just so incomplete.  I look at my boys play with their cousins and Liam is always lagging behind because of his age.  How I wish you were here with us to lag around with him.  You and Liam could gang up on Connor and the older cousins but now it's just Liam in the younger category.  Liam aches for you, his little brother so much.  Every time he goes to sleep he cries that he misses you.  He has to sleep with your baseball lovey and cuddles it so tight.  He always wants me to tell him stories about you, Connor and him playing and in the stories he always wants to be holding you.  He is so protective of you.  He wants to still be a big brother so bad.  Owen, my sweet sweet angel, know that you will always be Connor and Liam's little brother and my little baby.  We miss you more than words can say.  We miss you on this first "holiday" without you.  How I wish I could put you and your brothers in your matching American Flag shirts again like I did for you on July 4th and hang around all day and smile.  I love you.  I miss you. 

Love your one and only,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment