Our Little Warrior Owen

This blog is dedicated to our little sunshine angel Owen. We named him Owen because it means little warrior and we knew he would have to be with two older brothers. He was our little sunshine and his heart stopped beating unexpectedly on his 5 month birthday. We are devastated by the loss of our little guy. Hopefully, this blog will give readers a sense of what a beautiful spirit he was, how he completed our family and will help to keep his memory alive. We hope this gives light into our grieving process and can help other families that suffer a similar tragic loss.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thank you God

Dear Owen,

This weekend I drove to Boston to meet your dad and the rest of your O'Brien family to celebrate BC's 150 year anniversary with a mass at Fenway. It was surreal because this was the weekend we were going to baptize you at BC like we did with your brothers. it just made me cry every time I thought about baptizing you on the table at Capital Health as they tried to save you life.

As we sat in Fenway waiting for the mass to start, Liam wanted to cuddle so I just held him tight and cried as the music played. I had envisioned this as your first introduction to Boston and Fenway. I was thankful Liam was cuddly so I could imagine you there with us.

As the celebrant started the mass, he asked us to bow our heads and asked for our prayers. I bowed my head, closed my eyes and asked God for a sign that you were with him and you were ok. Out of nowhere just then something flew and hit my face and landed on my arm. Normally I would have swatted it away thinking it was a crazy bug but I looked down and saw a little ladybug crawling on my white sweater. It was a sign. Finally. Wow. I turned to Connor and Liam and passed the ladybug to them. They played with the ladybug until it flew off.

It brought tears to my eyes to see them playing with the ladybug because it reminded me of them playing with you, they were always so gentle an caring.

Tonight going to bed Liam held your lovey and the turtle that plays you are my sunshine. He had been laying down for a bit but then asked me to tell him a story about you and him. After the story he got up and went to his framed picture of you and said "good night Owen. I love and miss you". Omg. I was so balled up. He did it all on his own and quietly went off to sleep after that.

I love and miss you too. My sweet bear.

Love,
Your one and only Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment